Thread: NFC East Champs
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 12:56 AM   #32
Warthog
The Starter

Re: NFC East Champs

Embarrassing. We will get crushed next game against Tampa. Tom Brady will crucify this defense. Doug Peterson handed us that game on a platter. Not kicking a FG and putting in some third string QB, who committed two turnovers, will not happen in the playoffs.

Yes, Alex Smith is 5-1. But the Alex Smith today is a shadow of what he was before the injury to his calf. He is almost totally immobile. He was sometimes inaccurate - because he may have problem setting his foot now? I’m not sure I can remember a QB with so little ability to avoid a pass rush. The mistake the Eagles made was just to rush 4 in the first half. But once they started constantly blitzing in the second half, Alex was totally neutralized. Guess what the Bucs are going to do to him from the first play??

I was wondering whether Rivera would keep Smith in regardless of how far the team got behind. Alex Smith had 2 INT and almost a fumble. Some will argue that the first INT was a miracle catch. But the overthrow to McKissic almost was an INT.

In the Panthers game, he left Haskins in, even though he was playing poorly. Heinickle was unable to bring the team back from that far back and just 9 minutes to go. How far will we get behind and with very limited Alex Smith production because of blitzing, before Heinickle gets a chance to try to win?

My prediction is that we will lose by over 20 points to the Bucs. I absolutely hope I am wrong, and everyone here can pile on me for being a pessimist. But Alex Smith is maybe at 60% of the very good QB who replaced Allen and who helped us beat Pittsburg and the others. He can barely take even a couple steps now, and blitzing exposed his immobility. He is also somewhat inaccurate, unless he goes to the dink and dunk, like he did in the second half.

I hope Rivera will at least give Heinickle a decent amount of time if we get far behind. But I doubt it.

Also, the team ABSOLUTELY needs to draft a QB in the draft at our first pick. Smith is not even a short term answer as a starter. Beat me up now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06322 seconds with 10 queries