View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G.

I really hope we re-sign Zach Brown, or we really have major ILB needs. Foster is good against the run, but doesn't seem like a QB for the D. Compton seems an able QB on D, but his physical skills don't render him a good starter (and he's a FA anyway). Spaight is a work in progress. I keep wondering whether with Kerrigan and Smith locks at OLB whether there's any thought about Ryan Anderson moving inside (I realize they're different positions, but I wouldn't think his physical skills would be unsuited to ILB).

FS is a real need; Swearinger should be a SS. Nicholson certainly flashed, I am not sure he's quite ready for the full time role, and his rookie season had a number of injuries.

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.
My dream is Roquan Smith and Brown feasting sideline to sideline. I'd franchise tag Brown if we can't get long-term deal.

I agree regarding FS and WR.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.80319 seconds with 10 queries