View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #59
WillH
The Starter

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Another clear example, look what discussion rules the Redskins right now, Cousins QB decision looms. Why? Complete mismanagement from the fucking top of the organization, AND LETS BE CLEAR, SNYDER IS a MAJOR Decision maker in who the QB is for this Franchise. His voice is among the highest. And its clear at this point, we have fucked it up from day 1. McC who was the GM said sign him....Bruce and Dan refused...now he will most likely walk without compensation.

This is absolutely ridiculous from a business sense. Complete shit show.

Now lets look at recent history with Dan and Bruce and the QB position:

Completely terrible trade for McNabb who the Coach at the time did not want

Completely terrible draft trade for RG3 for a coach who did not want.

And now this garbage with Cousins, the most competent QB of the Snyder era will walk and people are satisfied with no compensation. Terrible business decision.
Based on Kirks comments this year, and Scots, it sounds more like they offered Cousins a contract during the 2015 season, Cousins wanted to but his agent wanted him to wait. After the season, Kirk wanted top be paid a big contract, but based on the talent evaluation of Mccloughan and Gruden they franchised him and said prove it. Cousins played well last year, and than shit the bed when it counted, but the FO still offered him a contract that was a legitimate starting point for negotiations, but Cousins wouldn't negotiate. There is no evidence that Bruce and Snyder interfered. What are you basing that on?

What you are so upset about would make more sense to me if last offseason they had said they were still unsure and wouldn't sign him long-term, but they did try. What should they have done differently?

I agree that if Kirk doesn't want to be here they should try to get compensation for him, and I agree that in hindsight they should have signed him before the first franchise tag, but only because now we now that Cousins would force a second tag, find me one person who said that at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 2.11193 seconds with 10 queries