View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #25
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Kirk Cousins 365 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Rivers is too old to build around. We're still a year or 2 away. If for some reason Cousins isn't on the team next year I want a young qb to start next year.
Phillip Rivers is 35, but he's healthy and he's still a very good quarterback. The Redskins could win right away with him. The scenario is, Jay Gruden can't really afford to take a step or two backwards this season, or he's probably going to be gone. Honestly, before the 'skins started on their big run in the middle of 2015, I was very much on the fence with Gruden. I didn't think he was the best hire - I felt there were better hires out there. However, since that point, the Redskins have been winning more than they have been losing, and now that it looks like the team is heading upward, I hate the thoughts of the team taking a step backwards because they lost Kirk and they need to develop a fresh new QB out of college. Maybe we luck up and get Dak Prescott 2.0, but if this isn't the case, you're going to be out of a head coach and having to start all over again. At least with Rivers, you could potentially still draft a QB who will take his place, but Rivers gives you an opportunity to win now. If you were able to squeeze three solid years out of Rivers, then you've built a contender and a much better situation to put a young QB in.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04592 seconds with 10 queries