View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #30
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Offence and Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I love in Woodside (next to Palo Alto). And you know who is in the middle of building a house here? Alex Smith. I actually ran into him at the Roberts Market here in Woodside maybe 18 months ago. He couldn't have been nicer -- he clearly knew the folks that worked there, and took the time for pictures, and to chat. Total class act. I was actually behind him in line, and he was profusely apologetic for holding me up.

I do hope we see Alex Unchained one of these days. Seeing some of his games for the Chiefs, in particular, I do not doubt his arm strength or accuracy on the deep ball. But he had a real rapport with those receivers.

It's been hard to do that with the Skins -- PRich has been hurt (and is now on IR), as has Crowder (missed 5 games). And Doctson doesn't get a lot of separation, and Smith is not one to throw a lot of 50-50 balls (hence, his low INT rate). So it's a very different situation than he had in KC.

I am surprised he doesn't have a better rapport with Reed, though. Reed hasn't really taken over any games, and I expected to see that. Same could be said for Vernon Davis.

Here's to hoping he stops the Texans DBs this weekend.
I used to live by St. Pius Church and run at Edgewood Park and Canada Road, loved Woodside.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06830 seconds with 10 queries