View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 02:29 PM   #159
irish
Playmaker

Re: Dwayne Haskins preseason thread

[quote=Warthog;1227955]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Wentz didnt play at all in the Eagles run-up to their Super Bowl win and he was injured last year too so I'm not sure he's the best example. But that said, I agree that sitting DH all year is a total waste. Play him and see what he can

Wentz has a 88 QB rating in regular season and a record of 18-11. He played his entire rookie year. He has a 92 QB rating in the playoffs.

If Haskins sits out the season what has he gained? He’ll have a better understanding of Jay Gruden’s offense AND have gained ZERO playing experience.

After the season Jay Gruden will be fired, so Haskin’s knowledge of Gruden’s offensive strategy and play calling will mean nothing. He will just be starting over with no more play time than he has now.

Put him in after we get through the first 5 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does Wentz have any kind of rating in the playoffs since he's never played in a playoff game. 2016 the Eagles didn't make the playoffs, 2017 & 2018 he was hurt and didn't play in the playoffs.

The only way I wouldn't start Haskins by week 6 is if the team is 4-1. He needs to play sooner rather than later.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03679 seconds with 10 queries