View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #44
Warthog
The Starter

Re: "You Like That?!" It's Cousins / Viks Pregame Thread

Let’s say Haskins is an eventual bust. If we wait to play him for a season or a season and a half, we just delay knowing the truth. That’s what happened to Jason Campbell, a first round draft choice a decade ago. We waited to start him well into his second season and he was a bust theb was gone after playing as the starter for a couple seasons.

With a first round pick you have to give them 2-3 seasons as starter to prove they can win or not.

For every QB who waited a season or more before starting, I can give you a very good or great QB who started from game one.

If Haskins can’t beat or at least match Keenum or McCoy’s pitiful QB play, then doesn’t it make sense to find out sooner rather than later? Keenum handed off the ball mostly last game and had a pitiful 12 passes for a measly 77 yds.
Dwayne could do that? Case had a game where he had 5 turnovers ( plus two more fumbles recovered by us). Haskins couldn’t beat that?

Ppl here list QB like Brady, Young, Mulhomme who waited to play QB. That’s because they were playing AND LEARNING from very good or even great QB. What is Haskins learning by watching these two journeyman BACKUP QB??

I think Haskins can play as well or more truthfully, as Badly, as Case and Colt. Then he is learning in the crucible of the game, not riding pine.
If he plays even worse than these two crappy QB, then we are at least starting on the trial period of 2-3 seasons before we AGAIN draft a new QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.19042 seconds with 10 queries