View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #32
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Cousins Saga 4.0. Is he done in DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I really want to be talking something else than KC... BUT:

On yesterday's show, Cooley said he was almost 100% sure that if we go 11-5 and win at least one playoff game, KC signs a great offer from the Redskins without even going through the transition tag scenario.

Kirk said he "needed more time", so if our D performs well and we WIN, (which to me is a real possibility, I don't think they were that far from being efficient, big part of it was bad coaching, and we added talent) Cooley thinks that's all the "time" he'd be needing to stay.

What do you think?
I think that's entirely plausible. Winning can definitely change minds, and I said something similar a few posts ago.

However there's still the nagging thought in the back of my mind, we heard from "sources close to Cousins" that he doesn't want to sign with the Skins and wants to reunite with Kyle.

But next February he'll take stock. He'll contemplate whether DC is a better spot or if others are. If like you say we have a much improved defense, he's still well protected behind our good line, and he believes Gruden suits him as a play caller, he will take that into account. That and the QB needy teams may all be crappy options at that point.

If we show any semblance of Redskins drama then he'll bail.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08783 seconds with 10 queries