View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 07:16 PM   #13
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: McLaurin is signing a 3-year extension worth up to $71 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Waiting on contract details to analyze cap impact. But knowing it's a $28M signing bonus, that piece should be $7M per season starting this year. So our available cap space should drop from $17.9M to $10.9M for this season.

I don't anticipate any other impact on this year's cap, since the deal is an extension the new salaries will kick in come 2023. But details could yield some additional nuances.

For now, assume the Commanders are operating with $10.9M in cap space currently. They'd probably look at that as enough room to pick up a LB on the cheap, or save it for the season to make sure they have room for emergency injury replacements.

The longer Landon Collins goes unsigned the more I think we'll pick him back up on a team-friendly deal.
Thanks a lot for the cap estimation !
I'll admit I don't get the hype around resigning Collins. Yes he played better after the switch to "don't call him a linebacker" linebacker, but let's not act like he was some sort of MVP.
There are better available options at LB. Ones that allow you to play your base defense. Which we can't for now.

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06723 seconds with 10 queries