View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #58
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Alex hasn't been an injury-prone QB. He may have not agreed to a 1-2 year deal, why should he? But Bruce signed a 35-year old QB for a 5-year contract, based on his wins, which he got by playing a "no mistakes" brand of football for very good teams.

Allen should have sucked it up with a one-year QB until we could draft for a franchise QB. I'm not blaming Alex smith, he got the most that he could and unfortunately got hurt. I'm blaming Bruce Allen for making a dumb personnel move that will cost the 'skins lots of cap money.
Unless you have the foresight of knowing that he was going to have a season/potentially career ending injury, I don't get about the complaints about Smith's contract. People would have gone ape shit here, if they'd sign Keenum last year as a stop gap. QBs are always overpaid, and even a stopgap QB would have cost money.

Also, the team was winning with Alex's "no mistakes" brand of football. Not the way people liked it, but they were winning. And things would have been a hell of a lot better, had Alex stayed healthy.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.32424 seconds with 10 queries