View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #1253
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Okay .. well we are currently the ONLY major sports team ( other than soccer) that does not have a nickname ... I’m so tired of Eagles,Seahawks, falcons, bears, rams, dolphins, jags, broncos, cardinals, lions, panthers, bengals..that is what I’m referring to as generic .. I actually like Buffalo Bills , Packers, Patriots, Saints, Texans, 49ers, Steelers, football team may be generic as hell but nobody else has a name like it .. The Capitals have the perfect name for a DC team , Nationals is good .. Wizards for me is horrible.. but so was bullets, .. what sucks is a lot of the USFL , arena football and other minor league teams have had great names that nobody wants to re-use .. factor that in with the PC crowd and it’s gonna be tough to Come up with a name ..

I'm with ya. There's one other benefit to sticking with Football Team ...

I also truly enjoy, watching the jackasses in sports media constantly stumble around with our team, and inadvertently slip and say Redskins. And you know it kills them, because they want to be the most PC people in the world.

If we stick with Football Team, the slips to Redskins will continue.

If we transition to something else --- whatever that will be --- the jackassery in sports media won't slip as much, if at all.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05176 seconds with 10 queries