View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #379
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

I'm just going to end this discussion right here because it's getting old, and I honestly think that maybe we are missing each other's points in a lot of ways. You can keep going if you want.

My original MAIN point with all of this goes along the lines of the old saying: "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."

All this badgering people, shaming, belittling, etc. for not getting the vaccine is not productive. It's your way, and it's the method obviously used by others on this forum and elsewhere. But it isn't helpful. Instead, maybe you should try a little encouragement if you want to get your point across, or motivate people to get the vaccine.

"An effective science defender will listen to a person’s reasons for not masking or vaccinating and share counterevidence without questioning their competence, good will or intelligence." - Scientific American

I was vaccine hesitant at first, but I am now vaccinated - have been since April. My wife is vaccinated. My one eligible kid is vaccinated. My other kid will be eligible in a few months, and she will also be vaccinated. Why, because while I understand there are potential risks, the benefits (according to the available science) seem to outweigh the risks. I educated myself and made a decision because it seemed like the best option. I didn't make the decision because someone pressured me to, or told me I was "dumb".
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05447 seconds with 10 queries