View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #43
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
They should pay for it. It is the least they can do. NFL stadiums are the poster boy for corporate welfare.

Sports Stadiums are really not revenue sources for municipalities. If they were, Maryland, Virginia, and DC would be lining up to pay for Snyder's new place and the locals would be cheering it on. This is clearly not the case.

IMHO Dan should take a page from Cook and offer to pay for the whole thing himself. It would be yet another opportunity for him to rehabilitate his heavily damaged image.

He can't. A good deal of the WFT wealth evaluation is in the Stadium and property itself. Think of it as your own home. There is value in it as long as it's in a desirable location and is in good shape. If it isn't, you can still sell it but you won't get top dollar for it and that is one of the big problems for Snyder. The other is the lease deal that JKC made with Maryland , if they leave before it's paid they must pay back all the infrastructure money the State of Maryland spent ,roads ,new exits on the Beltway and a walk to train station will cost the team plenty, I think there are 5 years left on the deal(not sure). A new state of the Art place like in LA will cost 3-4 billion and Snyder doesn't have it. He's wealthy don't get me wrong but he can't swing that.

Advertisements

Page generated in 4.81998 seconds with 10 queries