View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #25
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Paul Richardson released

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I wish Reed well and hope things don't go south for the guy. He took that nasty hit in that pre season game and was never heard from again. If he hasn't been cleared by now I'm seriously concerned for the guy. He should stop playing football. I just have a feeling that he is going to be one of the guys that ends up w/ severe CTE
Exactly. Concussions are cumulative, the next one is much easier to get and harsher than the last. The fact Reed lost a whole season to a concussion is telling. He should not be allowed back in the NFL, he has to live with that brain for the rest of his life, he has already scrambled it too many times. It is obvious some people can get away with taking more head trauma than others, unfortunately there is no way no know the level a person can tolerate until it is too late.

A good example is professional boxers, Ali was already showing signs of irreversible brain damage in his late 30's, Joe Frazier lived into his late 60's without any such issues. Pretty sure Frazier took more shots to the head than Ali.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04031 seconds with 10 queries