Thread: Cards postgame
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #142
HTTR
Special Teams

Re: Cards postgame

It is a good thing for us — fans, RR and most of all DS — to resist the urge to go after the flashy new QB savior. Been there, done that.

The whole WFT enterprise is going through a much needed overhaul, and part of what I hope emerges is a coaching culture that steadily moves toward a common goal and develops players to fit into that plan. This will take a couple of years to see what shape that is taking, especially on our dumpster-fire offense.

Haskins is still the poster child of Redskins dysfunction — a guy the owner wanted but the coaches didn’t, a guy thrown into new offensive systems every few months, a young guy with limited college and pro starts trying to lead a group of older guys who are barely NFL caliber.

It may be that DH doesn’t develop along the lines that RR and ST have in mind. But I trust them to know this in due course and make the right call come draft time.

We have to stop once and for all the pattern of throwing people into a poorly run organization and then scapegoating them after a season or two for not turning things around.

I have to say I’m enjoying being a fan of this team in full overhaul mode much more than being a fan of Bruce Allen’s “we’re almost there, but having a good time watching naked cheerleader videos” mode. DS can still screw things up, but I’m hoping he understands how close he’s come to having his balls chopped off.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07010 seconds with 10 queries