View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:12 AM   #193
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Day 3 thread rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Love the settle pick. He’s gonna be our starting nose and Payne can play outside now. No ones going to run on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well .... let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rookies gonna rookie.

One of the reasons he slipped was due to his motivation and energy being questioned. In college, it's easy for big, heavy linemen to look good just b/c they just push guys around due to their weight or b/c they can't be pushed around due to their weight. To make it as a NT at the next level, guys need to really be able to play to their weight. Otherwise, they will get shoved around.

As a side note, whenever I watch college or CFL games, it is striking to me how noticeable the difference is between them and the NFL. All the windows - running lanes, coverage openings, routes to the QB for pass-rushers, etc - are all much, much smaller at the pro level. The game is just so much faster in the NFL that tenths of a second make or break almost every play. In addition, lineman aren't just "big guys"; they are big, strong, athletic guys. It's why I have such a hard time with the draft, so many of these guys look great in college but simply can't run with the pros.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07398 seconds with 10 queries