View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #80
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Whats it got to do with being an NFL player? I work with guys every day who would eat your average NFL player for a snack. No question. 100% trained fighters. People equate being in the NFL with being able to fight / be tough, etc. Montae looked OK against what was obviously an untrained / drunk guy who had no clue what to do fight wise.

And a regular guy would absolutely jump at taking the chance to kick an NFL player's ass because we are in the age of everybody having a smart phone and every one wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I think the players are at higher risk putting themselves in bad / testy situations, because there's always someone wanting to test you.

But you hit the nail on the head - just walk away. Because you are right, as tough as you think you might be, you are one gunshot away from being dead, so toughness then doesn't matter.
Not sure where your coming from, of course your average NFL player is not a trained fighter. As someone who boxed as an amateur from the age 14 to 24 I know a little knowledge and experience in any of the self defense arts goes a long way in a physical altercation against an unskilled opponent. If people have equal skills the bigger stronger guy with a solid chin is going to win 99% of the time. Montae's fighting style would have gotten his butt kicked against someone who was sober with even minimal boxing or other self defense skills, but that was not the case.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.49883 seconds with 10 queries