View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 11:48 PM   #24
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Cody Latimer arrested for assault and firearms charges - WHOOPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
While this might help explain his actions, it does not justify them, either from a legal perspective or from the perspective of whether or not he should be on the roster.

Unless acting in self defense (or in self defense of another human being), the appropriate response is not to go firing a gun at people. This was at an apartment complex. Errant bullets could have killed others in the room or in neighboring units. It is criminal behavior.

We should be living in a civilized society. The appropriate response to a crime (real or perceived), whether that be someone running from an empty house under construction or the alleged abuse of a child, is not to get your guns and confront someone. The appropriate response is to call the police and let them deal with it. Vigilante justice has no place in Our society, especially when the behavior could harm innocent people nearby.

From the teams perspective, Latimores not a good football player. His role here was as a 5thWR/veteran leader. We have a lot of young players on this team and latimore has proven he’s not role model material. As a human being, i can relate to a degree and and I hope the criminal justice system allows him some leniency if warranted, but I don’t want guys like this on my team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Totally agree both from a legal and "what the team should do" standpoint.

From a moral standpoint though... I ain't judging. I have no kid but if somebody was to do something like that to my wife, and I get an opportunity to find the man, he's not taking a bullet in the head, he's spending a month in my basement getting tortured Liam Neeson style. Not saying it's right, not saying it wouldn't deserve a severe judicial punishment, but my guts tell me that's what I'd want to do.

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.13838 seconds with 10 queries