View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #72
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Colts pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Honestly, while I get people's somewhat of an obsession with Doctson given that he was a first rounder, but right now there are just much more talented pass catching options with the team.

Both Reed and Thompson are elite players when it comes to being pass catchers, and Crowder has the experience that Docston doesn't. I'd put Doctson as the 4th or 5th best receiving option.

I hope he becomes the player he was chosen to be, but I just see too many receivers ahead of him that have more experience and are producing more than him. As long as this happens, I'm not going to be too concerned about him.
I agree that there are better receiving options on the team, namely Crowder, Reed, and Thompson.

Serious question though? If Doctson didn't put up big stats but consistently took the opposing team's #1 corner out of the game every week would that matter? Meaning, if every else put up better stats but it was Doctson getting matched up with the best corners every week (not every play but most of the game) and taking them out of the game would that not be a positive impact?

Ya'll act like we need Doctson to put up 1400/10 td's to be successful. The goal is to win games. He makes 5 impact plays a game (first down's, td's, a big downfield block to spring someone for a td) and I'm good. Not even 5 for me, give me several (3+) clutch plays that impact the game and I'm good.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 2.33310 seconds with 10 queries