View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Irrefutable
The Starter

Re: The Ideal First 3 Rounds Redskins Draft Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The other day in a thread we mentioned the ability to draft starters for the upcoming year. Guys who could step in right away or transition to starter within the first year. I think to come away with 3 guys within a draft constitutes a "great, outstanding draft." With that being said, the first three rounds will provide the best chance to obtain these type players. We have 10 picks going into the draft which also gives up the ability to go up and get a player we like.

So tell me who are your ideal first three picks for the Skins? Who would like to get in the first 3 rounds of the draft who could be starting for the Skins within the first year? This is your homerun type get. My first combination would be:

Round 1: Solomon Thomas DE/OLB 3-4. Pass Rushing, Athletic Baller

Round 2: Calab Brantley NT/DE in the mold similar to McClain. A little undersized, but fast and Athletic. His mocks are all over the place, but most think it he falls to 2nd round.

Round 3: Joe Mixon RB. We know the baggage, but its in the past. This is a guy who could come in and take the offense to another dimension. IMO, this is the draft where I find out if Jay is serious about ever developing an outstanding offense with a good/great RB.

These guys are starters in the league. Who you got as your first 3 rounds for the Skins?
Round 1 Thomas is projected in the top 10.... top 5 in some places, unless he is caught robbing a bank he will not be available at #17

Round 2 Brantley might be a solid pick

Round 3 Mixon has to much baggage for the Redskins to pick
.................................................. ..........

Round 1 unless a great player slips, trade down.... then get D lineman
Round 2 Evan Engram TE... maybe big WR
Round 3 M Adams DL
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.41062 seconds with 10 queries