View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #75
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
You know, I know I may be the minority on this, but I'm quite glad we didn't sign Cooper to a massive contract. He's definitely very good, but to me he's not truly elite, anyway not to the level of the likes of Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins etc...

For me that kind of big money splashy move should warrant a true WOW factor playmaker, which I don't see Cooper as.

So sure you want to bulk that receiving corps up, but I like what we have, I hope we can find some young talent in the draft, and FA isn't over, I wouldn't hate bringing Robby Anderson, Sanders or Funchess on a cheaper contract.
Elite is a relative term. I encourage you to look at Daks numbers before Cooper arrived and compare them to his numbers after Cooper arrived. Cowboys were in the bottom third of the league in 3rd down conversions. After Amari Cooper arrived, Dallas vaulted to one of the best teams at converting 3rd down.

Cooper doesn't need to touch the ball to make a difference.

Cooper is a young QBs best weapon. My thinking Redskins pursuit of Cooper was more about Haskins than anything. Trying to surround him with premier talent.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05261 seconds with 10 queries