View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 01:30 AM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Problem with posts or censorship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
You know some things in life may look crazy and ppl get very upset when something changes-BUT the world keeps turning . I’m really dating myself but in 1977 I was there when they brought females to the Air Force Academy. Massive gnashing of teeth, meetings, yelling and many said it would ruin the place, blah, blah, blah. I just went to the school for my 40th reunion and guess what? Women AND gays are just accepted as fact - frankly the place needed a little less testosterone. Besides not matter how much the leadership tried, NO ONE was going to think the Air Force Was rougher and tougher than the Army and Navy/Marines!
The world turns: eventually I flew and served in combat with women and gays. Guess what? We still were / are the world’s biggest ass-kicking machine. No one cares about that stuff anymore.

There were pilots, in the beginning, who were pushed over their abilities, to fill a quota. They died or changed jobs. Mostly the former.

I like the Redskins name, mostly because I could lament the “Deadskins “. I guess when our team is doing badly we’ll call them the worriers or Red Pups or something like that. I sympathize with those that lament the name change. But it just doesn’t effect me the same way. When I was facing a big (justified) change, back in the day, the question was simply: are they good enough? Will they kill themselves or others?. Will they crumble when others are counting on them? For the overwhelming majority of them - THEY COULD do it, and were the same nightmares for the bad guys as for all the generations of American fighters before.

Personally, I know this will be unpopular, but I like the Red Wolves name,if chosen. I thought the Redskins brand was too generic, especially when there were so many great warrior tribes across our land to choose from. I hope it isn’t Warriors because that is sooo overused: like “hero” or “PTSD”. Anyway, I think this change may surprise us and give us some MO into the season.

BTW, HTTR, won’t change that much if they choose Red Wolves. We always had the coolest fight song in the NFL and I hope they continues.

I didn’t go down memory lane to look cool or anything. But sometimes changes are bigger than dropping an 80+ year sports team name. It will be alright! ( that was my airline captain voice). We may experience a little turbulence up ahead......LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. America is the best country in the world, imo the best the world's ever seen. We are a melting pot. The best does not equal perfect. We're a country of humans, we sin daily, can't eliminate sin from humans in any country or religion. We can be even better. But our work in progress is still fucking amazing.

2. This is beyond unacceptable to me. We're gonna PC people to death? This pisses me off. American's have died so PC people feel good about themselves. Sending people that can't do the job out to do the job they can't do is awful.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05771 seconds with 10 queries