View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 05:15 PM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think it stems from the fact that after it was known that Alex was going to be out indefinitely, possibly permanently, that he didn't make any attempt to re-negotiate into a more team friendly deal for what was left his player contract. That led to all the ridiculous rumors and some saying that the skins were thinking of doing a Bobby Bonilla-esque contract with Alex.

I think he had no incentive to do so, and i'm not even sure if he was ever asked by the team to consider such a thing. Alex was/is not the first and won't be the last to get paid major money while being sidelined with a career-threatening injury.
That would've been a classic Dan all-timer right there.

"Hey, buddy, I know you suffered a compound fracture, and you had to deal with flesh eating bacteria, almost dying, you're in the midst of 17 surgeries over 9 months and they gave you a choice between amputation or a super-risky muscle transfer to save your leg. Hell, at one point your tibia was completely exposed and you were missing everything from your knee to your ankle.

But you know what would be suuuuper helpful? How about renegotiating your contract so we can get some cap relief? We really appreciate you being a team player in the most trying time of your life. Thanks bud. Owe you one."

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04980 seconds with 10 queries