View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #68
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Around the NFL, Training Camp Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
This screams ignorant & classic "men do not cry" stereotype on Gruden's part; to me, this shows me that coaches did not go through any training to detect any kind of mental health issues. All it takes is a simple and basic training for anyone to detect something is going on and then he could refer Cravens to appropriate person for futher analysis.
No safeguard for players with mental health issues
This tells me NFL did not consider mental health issues when creating this policy. Team doctors are not adequate for mental health disorders; without doing research on NFL team doctors, I'm assuming that they specialize in sports injuries, nothing more.
Nothing futher needs to be said.
I find it comical how NFL always switch back and forth when it comes to business - NFL always said that NFL is all about business and acts like it when it comes to money & players' contracts, and cutting & trading players, and, and yet NFL always try skirt around other aspects of business such as taking care of its employees (players) and corporate social responsibilities.
The only note that I would add is that a lot of the CBA notes about player contact outside of the building were put there as part of the players union's demands for less pressure.

The next CBA contract dispute should be interesting
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05083 seconds with 10 queries