View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 03:36 AM   #26
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Re: Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Competent passing game would be nice. We have the defense, we have good special teams play, and we have a decent Running game......we need the passing game. Stable Oline play would be a close second
While I agree I really want to see us move the ball through the air, I disagree that we "have the defense." I want them to prove it tomorrow night. On paper, yeah it looks good. But I've been burned too many times by this team to ever just assume we're going to have a solid unit, wherever it may be.

The defensive line is the only unit who has SHOWN and PROVED that they can be relied on. After that it's 2 new starters at ILB, Kerrigan and possibly a Rookie on the outsides (if not then it's Ryan Anderson on one side which is probably worse.) Not the strongest line backing core although Kerrigan is an obvious stud.

Then in the secondary we have Norman who has also PROVEN to be solid but then what? Collins is a beast, but he hasn't played a down here and we can't assume he's going to play at that previous level. (Haynsworth?) Monte has been oft hurt, who plays if he goes down? Is Dunbar coming back healthy and at a similar performance level?

Case in point; I want to see the defense play to the ability I know they're capable of. We assume they will play well and they really should, but I have been let down too many times before to just take it for granted. I think the D-Line leadership is taking over the entire defense and those men up front set the tone and culture. It could and should be something special, I just want to actually see it.

EDIT: I do realize tomorrow is Pre-Season Game 1 and there's still plenty of work to be done. I just want to see that the defense is headed in the right direction with all the talent on that side of the ball.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06118 seconds with 10 queries