View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:23 AM   #54
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I think it’s interesting that these players decided to kneel during the anthem to draw attention to a real social injustice in this country, but no one is talking about that injustice - the discussion is all about the form of protest the players chose. No ones talking about the treatment of person of color by law enforcement. Everyone’s just arguing about whether or not these players should be allowed to protest in a manner that many Americans find disrespectful. Instead of furthering a cause, the players have made this about themselves.

I think the league handled this situation about as bad as it possibly could. But i do also blame the players for this mess. They should have quickly recognized that using their platform in this manner was unproductive and not achieving their desired result. They should have switched gears and engaged in a form of protest (or other activism) where the MESSAGE will be the focus instead of the way in which it’s delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The players cant help if a group ( a big, powerful, white group) of people choose to turn a blind eye to the heart of the matter and paint them as unpatriotic hooligans. I think that it certainly pushed racism to the forefront. The question now is do people care? Usually if a certain cause does not directly affect someone they probably will not care about it. Sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.25830 seconds with 10 queries