View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #26
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Quite a bit of gnashing of teeth going on. Listen, I'm disheartened that we've lost a potentially, dynamic running back before the season even started. So, I can only imagine how Guice himself feels about having his season ending before it had truly gotten started.

But, I felt, and still do feel, this season will be determined by our defensive line (and, particularly, our defense in general) and what Alex Smith brings to the table. I did feel Guice would've been what the doctor ordered for our offense and Smith, but he's no longer in the cards for the upcoming season. We'll have to lean more on Smith, and go running back by committee and see who comes forward.

Back to the defense. I think barring any signficant injuries, then this will be the group that will do their share of carrying the load. Our defensive line has enormous potential, and should be the catalyst to one of the better defenses in the league this season.

If we can keep the d-line (as, well as the offensive line) in tact, then I think we're gonna be tough to reckon with. I felt this way before Guice's season-ending injury.

Just relax, my fellow fans.

Last edited by PorkSkins; 08-13-2018 at 06:19 PM.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03432 seconds with 10 queries