Old 10-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #43
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: "You Like That?!" It's Cousins / Viks Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
- Not exposing Dwayne Haskins to an NFL defense when he clearly isn't ready
- Showing the rest of the team that you'll start the best players every game
- Not showing the rest of the league how awful Haskins is (at this point) so you have a chance of trading him for some value when we draft a QB first overall in 2020.
- Teaching Haskins that he actually has to put the work in to EARN the job instead of just being an entitled a-hole. (reports were he was lazy, had a bad attitude, and felt entitled - we need to nip that in the bud so we don't have a repeat of the RG3 situation).

You know Snyder and Allen WANT to see Haskins on the field. They are they ones who disregarding the coaching staff and scouting departments advice to draft Haskins 15th overall when the team had a 2nd round grade on him (and half of the league had a 3rd round grade on him). The fact that Snyder and Allen aren't FORCING Haskins into the starting line-up is very telling. it indicates that they are now seeing what the coaching staff and scouts knew all along - Haskins isn't an NFL starter at this point. He's a project and he may take a year or two to develop.
You can't with a straight face tell me that he is that much worse than Keenum and McCoy, who are about to be a combined 1-7. He is going to have to play. Also, I want to see where people had a 3rd round grade on him going into the draft. I don't recall seeing that at all

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07320 seconds with 10 queries