View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #10
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Alex Smith’s Amazing Comeback(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
If Alex retires I don't see how you could call it "voluntary" after he almost lost his leg and worse yet his life.
Andrew Luck, Luke Keuchly ... they retired due to injury concerns and gave up any future salary and bonus money as well as the teams "could if they want to" seek repayment of any prior signign bonus on a pro-rata basis of years left on his contract.

Ive beat this drum enough and wont keep repeating myself ...

Alex Smith wont retire bc he would be giving up all future money and the Skins could go after any prior paid signing bonus money on a pro-rata basis based on the years remaining on his contract.

Alex Smith is doing what he has to do. Hes making sure he gets his money and hes making sure he takes rehab very seriously so he can walk when he is 60.

Skins are doing the only thing they can do. They cant cut him bc of all the dead money so there only option is to support him.

Alex Smith has no other option then doing what he is doing.

Skins have no other option except doing what they are doing.

Perfect world - they negotiate an injury buy out. This wont happen but it is the only other alternative I see. But that might void the insurance policy they took out on Smith. Thats were it gets complicated.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06051 seconds with 10 queries