View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #42
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: Breaking News on team name

LOL, well now you are just plain adorable, giantone. And contradicting your earlier positions. But OK for fun let's take you at your word... glad you have seen the light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What is ignorant is not understand the other side of the argument.You say there is none so anyone who tries to explain it to you is in your words"ignorant"I feel sorry for you .
No, I have said the "washington redskins name is racist" side is WRONG. And proven it to you before, your denials notwithstanding.

Quote:
As I have said before for this to be coming out now or even two years ago is HS and I actually back DS on this issue
Wonderful, DS' position is:

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" that he is adamant he doesn't have to bow to pressure to change his team's nickname because it's not disparaging to Native Americans but instead a term of honor and respect.

So I am glad we can agree on this, giantone!

Quote:
Now for you to say the most NA's feel like you do or the word was never a racial slur is not correct
(underline mine) Oh for the love of... giant one, you can't get ONE POST done without contradicting yourself. BTW you dishonestly state my position as well. For starter, I NEVER SAID the term was "never" used as a slur. I have REPEATEDLY said that the name wasn't used originally as a slur, that novelists and movie-makers took the name and used it as a slur. (and btw they did the same to just about any nickname for NA's "indian" "injun" "chief" "red man" during that time period) Since then the name has been used as Dan Snyder described, by the Washington football team, and other teams including some NA teams!, as a name to root for, symbolizing strength, honor, and respect. And that's how the name is commonly used today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9a2_story.html

And again giantone, poll after poll has proven most Americans and most NAs don't support changing the name "redskins".

Americans (including NAs)

NAs

More

All this, despite a long and vocal whine from the PC crowd of the easily offended which has been noted is mainly other ethnicities than NAs, is actually pretty remarkable this day and age.

Quote:
believe me or don't it makes no difference to me all I'm doing is voicing my opinion in a forum. You say you called me on it and I threw it back at you .It's called an honest debate.
Giantone, you did nothing but trot out the same already disproven assertions you tried before through proxy, by citing links already disproven. AND YOU LIED ABOUT MY POSITION ABOVE. I underlined it for everyone to see. Please don't ever call yourself an honest debater after this, not to mention way back when you lied during a gun control debate about what RedskinRat said, and about "not wanting to take you guns away" and then cheering a NY law that did just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone;1134054[url=http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2014/07/02/redskins-officially-dictionary-defined-racial-slur-all-cases-155614
'Redskins' Is Officially a Dictionary-Defined Racial Slur—in All Cases - ICTMN.com[/url]
Already refuted this thread.

Quote:
This one says pretty much what you and I both say!

Is 'Redskins' a racial slur? Blackfeet weigh in
It MOSTLY says pretty much what *I* have said, not anything you have directly said...

Quote:
and another...........

When Slang Becomes a Slur - The Atlantic

and last for now.

Washington Redskins trademark ruling: 8 ways 'Redskin' is a slur - POLITICO

Merry Christmas and Best of luck Sat!
And here we go again. giantone, these links oppose the position that Dan Synder takes on the name "Redskins". So which is it, giantone? Who's position do you REALLY support?

And by the way, you owe me an apology for lying about what I have said in this debate. And you did it in the same paragraph you claimed you were "throwing back" at me an "honest debate". Apologize.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06337 seconds with 10 queries