View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #23
Tennskinsfan
Camp Scrub

Re: The Redskins have twice been the most injured team in football. Is that bad luck or bad planning?

All I know is I would hate to be in Jays shoes this year. The Injury plague looming over his head all the while knowing his job is on the line this year. Last preseason I remember reading about everybody complaining that he babies them to much in camp. After the injuries of the 17 season I woulda done the same. And the injured still mounted. There is no one size fits all answer here (unless there’s is something crazy going on we can’t see). At the end of the day it’s a dangerous game. Your going to get hurt in some way shape form or fashion. The question is how badly. The last 2 years we took a beating. Last year we have nearly 52 million in salary cap run through the IR, but we didn’t have the most money sitting there. We had a lot of bad breaks (no pun intended) that hit us in some key spots. And when you are playing musical chairs with your offensive live as bad as we had to the last couple years. The guys lining up behind them are bound to take more hits.

Time will tell this year if the organization made the right adjustments for this year. And I really hope they did. But the one thing that I would push this off-season would be changing the way they deal with the line. Is the work load to heavy? Are they not eating right? That is the weakest link injury wise IMO. Injuries didn’t kill our record last year it brought us back down to earth, and in an ugly fashion.

If we somehow wind up being in the top 3 again this year of injuries. At that point you have to can the whole medical team and start fresh right? There’s comes a time when ya gotta quit chasing the river and fold. And start with a clean slate next hand.
Tennskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.75794 seconds with 10 queries