View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 02:22 PM   #63
Warthog
The Starter

The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Did you meant to ask me what I think of Hooper? If so, I think he is a little above average player (in other words, good in general) but he is not one of the best TEs. I once mentioned in different thread that I didn't watch a lot of Falcons games last year so I might not be best person to judge Hooper's skills but I do follow all players throughout years (for fun and fantasy football purposes). It took Hooper a while to get to the point where he is today although, it seems like Hooper worked hard to reach to that point so I will give him some credits for it. I wouldn't be upset if Redskins sign Hooper, after all, we need two new TEs in worst way now that Turner have confirmed that TE is really important piece in his offense.

Let's imagine NFL is a league where all teams have to drop their players in every offseason and all players are free to sign with whoever they want to play for. Where do you think Hooper would rank at? I personally think Hooper would rank in top 10 but I'm not sure about the top 5. Hooper is best TE out of all FA TEs, if we assume Henry will be resigned or franchise tagged.

I'm not oppose to the idea of signing Olsen, as long as we don't plan to rely him to be #1 TE for Redskins.

I’d say Hooper is “very good”,with players such as Ertz with the Eagles as being in the “elite” TE category. But he’s the best there is in the TE FA category this season. I believe he will be one of our first FA pickups. Although he isn’t in category of the top, best TE’s in the NFL, he will make a huge, positive difference to the Redskins.

Last year our best TE’s never played and we had little real production from the scrubs that were left. Having Hooper in there and maybe with the addition of a rookie TE, it will help out Haskins a great deal in the red zone. Hooper will be worth the money for him and will help our offense as a receiver and a blocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04598 seconds with 10 queries