View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #290
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread

Keim wrote:
"Inside linebacker Jon Bostic wasn't signed until June and will be playing for his fifth NFL team, but earned a starting job rather quickly. He'll also call plays. One reason: preparation. Bostic said he watched the last two years of Redskins games "multiple times" so he could see how opposing coordinators attacked them. He wanted to find the weaknesses in the defense so he could anticipate a coordinator's moves. Bostic asked one rookie he didn't want to name if he had watched last year's games. He was told no; he explained to the rookie why it was important; the rookie watched the games. "It's kind of weird," Bostic said. "When I go to the house that's the stuff I do when I'm bored. I watch football. Coordinators tendencies don't change regardless of what stop they're at."

The more I learn about Bostic, the more I like him. I wonder why he bounced around in the NFL since last few years and I remember he played well with Steelers last year. I'm glad Bostic is more than a stopgap player, this definitely will benefit our rookie defense players in long run.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03611 seconds with 10 queries