View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #24
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Your 2014-2015 Maryland Terps Basketball

Maryland Terrapins vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Recap - February 08, 2015 - ESPN

groundhog day.

inferior opponent builds a double digit lead in the first 10 mins, terps play behind, turgeon calls for press D in 2nd half when it is too late which helps cuts lead but terps dont close gap.

turgeon needs to play his two 7 footers, regardless.

Dodd played a few mins, i dont even think chevosky played a minute.

this team is horrible at half court offense. i just dont get it. beginning of the season they were driving and kicking to open 3 pointers or dishing to big men in the post.

turgeon needs to call timeouts sooner bc "letting the players play though it" means the deficit goes from 8 to 18.

turgeon needs to call press defense A LOT MORE. why cant he see that his team plays flat and they cant produce on half court sets .... so press with your superior athleticism, create havoc, create fast play, get all players involved, wear out the opposing team and use our depth.

if he takes dodd out after the opening tip and uses layman or smotryz as our center i will turn the TV off. our strength entering this season was size and depth. rotate the two 7 footers. layman cant defend in the low block, why are we using our players out of place?
playing set basketball is not working for us.

mind boggling coaching right now. he doesnt trust the centers, but you cant just go small for 38 mins.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06539 seconds with 10 queries