View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #363
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Amen. Footwork and foot placement is key to all sports.
I also coach, Soccer, football and baseball. Coaching kids has taught me a lot about human nature. Sometimes it’s like herding cats. But what I quickly learned is they all want to be great immediately, but they find learning fundamentals like footwork boring. They want to be scoring, celebrating, showing off, fame with out putting in the hard work. How did Rosen get to be a second year NFL pro and not have good footwork?
Below is not the video I was looking for, but it talks more about Bill Walsh’s always stressing footwork to his QB’s and what I imeadiately see as troubling in Rosen. He has work to do to break his bad habits.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TU1EEFTUJAY#
I will admit at the age of 16 I was guilty of that. I had already been boxing for a couple years mostly as a sparring partner for an older friend. More like a punching bag for an older friend, ha,ha. Anyway a couple of friends and I decided to try karate. It was a class of all beginners. I think the first 3 lessons were all on the proper fighting stance and foot positioning for balance.
Of course I had joined up to learn how to break boards and bricks, unhappy with the progress of the teaching I quit. It really wasn't for me anyway, required too much flexibility and finesse.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05128 seconds with 10 queries