View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 07:50 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I like the way the bye and the "mini bye" work out as well. Now, on to the teams we play: Man, oh man, we play a boatload of physically tough teams! Weeks 12 through 15: @ Dallas, @Pittsburgh, @San Francisco, and Seattle at home is as tough a schedule as there is for any team.

I just can't worry about our W-L record this season. I just want to see across-the-board progress. Another very high draft pick would be a nice consolation for me if we can't hang with these teams in Year One of our team building.
I agree the teams are tough, but that was the case regardless of how the scheduling played out. Imagine opening on the road with philly, SF, Dallas, with a week 4 bye followed by Seattle and Baltimore at home. That could have been our first 7 weeks.

I think this schedule gives us a decent shot at a 3-5 or even 4-4 record with a bye to reset what is working and what isn't prior to making a wildcard/division run for the last 8 weeks. Last year the division was a shambles so although I think all the teams made good offseason improvements, I don't think you can properly write one team up and one team down until the product is shown on the field.
And our 2 games that the rest of the division teams don't play -Detroit and Carolina - are certainly winnable games right now.
The giants play the bears/bucs (likely 2 losses)
Cowboys play the vikings/falcons (also winnable)
Eagles play packers/saints (50/50 in my mind)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08422 seconds with 10 queries