View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #103
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I’m not saying we should give Haskins away. But I also think the $h!t show that was the 2019 season is not enough data to say he will be good or be a bust. Especially not if you are basing it off two games at the end of the season when no one has much to play for unless you are a playoff contender.

You’re exactly right. There were so many things WRONG with our offense it’s impossible to know what type of QB Haskin’s will be. His first game was terrible and his last two games were outstanding. If he DIDN’T have those last two excellent games, I think the idea of drafting Tua might be justified.

However, Haskins was hurt and he played through it. He started to become a leader of the team. He really looked very good in those last games, with many things (porous OL, no TE, rookie WR, weak playcalling) going against him and the offense.

What those last two games meant was that he DESERVES a second season to prove himself. He may ultimately be a draft bust or just an average QB. But the end of last season means the team has to give him a chance to prove himself one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05450 seconds with 10 queries