View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #16
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Re: Mack to the Bears.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It continues to frustrate me how few of you understand the salary cap. Before acquiring Mack the Bears had 25M in salary cap space, and even with Mack’s huge salary on the books in 2019, they still project to have $25M.

They’ll miss the picks. But their cap situation is such that signing Mack is not going to cost them any opportunities to make moves.

It’s like you guys think every team is spending to the cap every year and thus can’t afford to sign a stud player. It’s just not true.

You can argue that two firsts is too much but don’t give me the salary cap bullshit until you have the facts straight.
This is a convoluted answer. Are you somehow trying to argue the point that $141 million dollars doesn't matter for the salary cap for the next 6-8 years? And it won't matter at all regarding FA player acquisitions and player retention? Yes, you can adjust salary cap hits in any given year, but ultimately over the next 8 years they have a defined salary cap, and he's going to be using around 15% of that. Not to mention at ages 27-33 he will be more injury prone than ages 21-27. I can't see this deal being worth it for the Bears, but who knows.

For Oakland, seems like move has some risk but they save that salary cap & will have two first rounders, and 5 picks in top 3 rounds in the next two years. If they can draft well, this can help their team for years and they are assuming they already have a franchise QB.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.69612 seconds with 10 queries