View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #45
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins 2018 Off Season Re/Signings

*Just trying to bring life to other subjects than our former QB*

I feel like this year we need to go offense in FA, and defense in the draft.
Mainly because we need to put weapons around Smith and I don't see a lot of real difference makers available at positions of need for us on the defense:

- I was all for making a push to sign Jarvis Landry, now that he's tagged, who do you guys like at WR ? Sammy Watkins? Paul Richardson? Marqise Lee?
Not sure I know enough about any of these guys to get really excited, but we need a sure number one WR.

- If we don't spend huge money on a WR, do we make a push for guard Andrew Norwell ? Cooley loves the guy, he'd be a huge upgrade over Lauvao.

- At RB I like Crowell, maybe Deion Lewis?

- Among possibilities on the defensive side of the ball are Dontari Poe (if we're gonna stay in a 3-4, get proven NT who's not that old) and LaMarcus Joyner (he played safety last season but played slot CB a lot, he could be used at a fair price to replace Fuller).

On thing's for sure, after finding a viable and immediate solution at QB, I don't want another year of McClains and McGees .
Get a few playmakers and build through the draft. We can compete now.

I'd also like us to trade down in the first to get a 3rd back, or even another 2nd. If we don't get significant playmaking defenders during FA, we need to increase chances to get them in the draft.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.11234 seconds with 10 queries