View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #176
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: 2018 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Range in the defensive backfield changes everything. Remember when Taylor was at his peak? His range allowed Gregg to run those single high looks, and the corners could still play extremely aggressively because they knew Sean was back there. Even from single high he had their backs. It completely freed up Ryan Clark to roam and hit.

Minkah and James will permit the same thing. You could put them man to man against Ertz and wipe him out of the Eagles offense on a crucial 3rd and 6. Or you could put them back at safety and run corner blitzes.

They will change the way we can scheme and make everything more aggressive. It's an increasingly important position in the NFL.
I didn't want to mention the great Sean Taylor in a post about these players. Nevertheless, I agree with your points about them. Without comparing their potential to what he accomplished, it is indeed their range that excites me most about them because what I think they could do for our defense reminds me of what Sean Taylor did for our defense when he played.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05752 seconds with 10 queries