View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #72
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Coaching and Front Office Changes

I think it was Sheehan who said he heard Schaffer wanted to take on more of a role in the personnel side of things. This would clearly not be a good idea, as we need experienced people in those roles.

I think we as fans have overvalued Schaffer simply because he navigated us through cap hell time and time again. He has done very well in that role. But whose to say it’s really THAT hard to manage the cap? All the teams do it. It’s just that many teams did not negotiate such terrible deals with players to constantly put the team in cap hell to begin with.

I’m appreciative for what Schaffer has done here, but I’m not going to make him out to be more than he is. We’ve got rid of Bruce and are going all in on Rivera. The best thing for the TEAM is to fill the front office with people who can get on the same page with Rivera and help execute his vision.

We’ve been a losing organization for 20 years. No one should feel safe. Doug Williams, Eric Santos, they’ve been around for a really long time in the league and haven’t done shit to put together a winning organization anywhere. So if they’re sent packing too, then I’m not going to care. I do think Kyle smith has put together a couple really good drafts, so he’s the only one in the whole group who I think has EARNED a shot to remain. But if he goes, I’m not going to get upset over it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.00094 seconds with 10 queries