View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 03:24 AM   #41
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Around the NFL, Training Camp Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I am only asking a question here. Do fans realize coach's will play players in the preseason in certain situations to see how they do when they might not even be on the 53 man roster at the end of camp? I ask becuase I was having this discussion on a Giants board and people are screaming over who the starters are and about this guy over this guy and I think back to my own playing days and know that coach's play people in camp and preseason for a multitude of reasons and to never make anything out of it.
In college I had a coach who told me to take the snap ( I was punting) scream fumble and run like hell , I said ..."why" he told me to see if the guys know what the hell to do if it ever really happens. He was right almost none of them had played special teams at there schools and just stood there.
I agree 100 %.
I'm sure they can use training camps, especially early TC, and preseason, to motivate players by not giving them the amount of snaps they think they deserve, to make other teams study plays that will never happen, to see what they can do with players they don't know that well, and other reasons that we don't even sniff...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05222 seconds with 10 queries