View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: Redskins’ popularity wanes - PFT

For me the primary issue is the owner. Im not bringing it up to bash him but people just flat out dont like him. Girls that dont really know anything about football but like getting togather to chat and "watch" the game probably cant name more then 3 or 4 players on the team but they know who Danny Snyder is and that they dont like him. Thats not normal for most teams. People just dont like him. You add on consistant loosing and it makes for disinterest in the team. You pile on a lockout, bad economy and hot temps and you get a 1/5th attendence of whats normal.

From PFT
Quote:
Part of the issue may not be specific to the Redskins: The lockout may have turned off fans, or just made it harder for them to plan ahead for a trip to training camp. But some of it is specific to the Redskins, and particularly owner Dan Snyder. Longtime Redskins fan Justin Caballero told the Associated Press Snyder is the reason fans are turned off.

“I know some who have gotten rid of their tickets,” Caballero said. “The owner — that’s the biggest one I get, they don’t like the owner. And they don’t want to give him no more money.”

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03628 seconds with 10 queries