View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #49
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: 2017 Warpath $$$ League

If trading going to be contemplated, and can only be done during draft, we really should consider some guidelines. Otherwise, with only two minutes between rounds, potential for lots of griping and moaning.

Matty, is there anything outlining how the trades can happen on draft day? Will the slots be actually exchanged or will it just be "I am picking this player for X in exchange for him picking a player of my choice with X's next pick." ?

Couple of thoughts:
1) Trades must be announced and terms completely set out in the draft chat. Only published trades are enforceable and only for there published terms.

2) Once one manager acts in reliance on the terms of the trade, the other manager(s) are bound to the published terms of the trade even if draft board unexpectedly changes.

3) Trade of picked player for draft pick final once draft pick at issue taken.

4) Trade of picked players must include one draft pick (otherwise, if just players, has to wait until post draft).

Also, if in draft trading allowed, would an increase of the round time to three minutes be objectionable? It will add time if folks are zombie drafting but leaves a little time for wheeling and dealing. Not sure if the benefit worth the time cost, but just throwing it out there.

During draft, I'll be happy to try and memorialize the trades as they happen for tracking purposes.

I would recommend people contemplate potential trades ahead of time and discuss with potential partners to facilitate draft day trading.

Final thought - in season trades can be vetoed by a majority of owners. Should there be an in draft veto mechanism? I would suggest not as it would be cumbersome and, generally, the purpose of the in season veto is to prevent a losing team from dumping players or due to lost interest. I don't think either of these would be a draft day concern.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06022 seconds with 10 queries