View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #50
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Around the league week 7

Watched the game last night to see our next two opponents. Came away convinced we SHOULD beat them both.

The Giants are a bad team that we should beat handily. Shut down Barkley same way they shut Elliot. Pressure Manning and he will make mistakes. The potential for a +5 sack day exists. And, unlike this past week, where we often needed five to create the pressure, I am pretty sure rushing four will be enough to get past the porous Giants O-Line. With the ability to drop seven in the obvious passing downs, the DB's / LB's should be able to contain OBJ and Sharpe. As always, however, chunk plays will likely be an issue for us.

While I will worry about Atlanta after we take care of business against NY, I suggest that, at home, we should beat them as well. They have no running game to speak of and their D is decimated by injuries. Ryan is a solid QB but just seems to play better at home than on the road. Their WR's create all sorts of match-up problems and I am concerned their RB's will eat up our LB's in coverage. However, I think our D is better than NYG's and, with Ryan playing on the road, their offense simply isn't as high-powered as at home.

SHOULD BEAT. As others have said, this team needs to forget the win and prepare. J. Allen was saying on the post game that the Alabama process was the same win or lose and, as a result, they won -- a lot. Love his mindset and hope it is infecting his teammates.

Cooper to Dallas for a 1st? Glad it was them and not us.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.82633 seconds with 10 queries