View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #11
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: If Smith returns....HYPOTHETICALLY speaking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Looks like you see the first half of 2018 as an indicator of the future and I see the last half as such. I think the 6-3 start last year was built on a house of cards, the Redskins got lots of breaks. Even if Smith doesn't go down that team would not end up continuing that pace and win 10 or 11 games.
You could be right....but we'll never know for mainly 2 reasons....with Smith the Redskins were leading the division for a number of weeks....and without him the QB play was far less than baboon waste....the QB play was extremely inferior including the games McCoy played....I could see the Redskins falling apart and going 6-3 to 9-7
losing very close games with Smith....

Part of it was with the offense being unable to sustain drives with McCoy, Sanchez, & Johnson it caused the defense to stay out on the field for far too long....so the defense was tired a lot the second half of the 2018 season....with Alex the offense was able to sustain drives and the defense was rested and did what it needed to do when they were out on the field.....the entire team collapsed after Alex's leg injury.....at worst I think they could've finished 10-6 with Smith.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.35444 seconds with 10 queries