View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:34 AM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Hard for me to be thankful for a guy who took up a lot of our cap space in the past two years with average results, and wanted to be paid like a QB who could carry the team on his back. Good effing riddance from me.

And yes yes, I know the team had some fault too, so no need to re-hash this.
I am more in this line. For all his positives, he brought just as much drama to the offseasons and made the team all about him. For those who say the Skins eff'ed it up, I say Cousins held his grudge far past what most teams would put up with. As I understand it, the coach, the assistant coaches, at one point the General Manager, were all in his corner and put their necks on the line to get him his shot. And in the end, he basically punked Gruden.

Personally, I expect him to crash and burn, and I feel sorry for Vikings fans if he ends up there. They are a fan base that I could get behind to win a superbowl, if they get back to that point, but they won't. Not with Cousins.

(IF they do, I will be happy for them).

Finally,

Setting team records doesn't mean anything when you basically are trying to run away from the team who is putting it all together for you.

Cousins has had nothing but Offensive gurus running his offenses, he clearly is a good qb, but what makes my team heroes:
Art Monk
Darrell Green
Riggo
Theisman
Chris Samuels
London Fletcher
Clinton Portis
Santana Moss
Trent Williams
and others
Is that they were/are Skins first, football players second. Cousins was never EVER that.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04234 seconds with 10 queries