View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #38
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's had a couple other nagging injuries too. He's already injury prone and hasn't taken an NFL snap.

IMO Tua is hands down better than Haskins. He has the potential to be an elite thrower/passer. On top of that there are no maturity issues or questionable things with work ethic or leadership. He just has the "it" factor. But we just can't take the risk on him.

As for Young, he's also most likely going to be a great player. But you need a great QB in order to try and compete for a championship, not a great DE. The difference in the SB was KC has one and SF didn't. So I always feel if you have a chance to upgrade at QB you have to take that chance.

The teams with the elite QB will always have a shot at winning a SB. The ones that don't have no chance.

Well said. If the team does not think Haskins is likely to ever be elite, but believes Tua can be, this is a no brainer - you draft Tua.

So far, to me, Haskins seems destined to be a middling QB. Not elite, not bad, but a serviceable starter. You don’t pass up on an elite QB because you have one that’s just OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.98510 seconds with 10 queries