Thread: Media Bias
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 AM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Media Bias

I know it's hard to separate the political out of the media bias question, but I am hoping anyone who replies to this will try to. (I'm also hoping SM will stop drinking, and DS will become the best owner ever)

Take this headline displayed on yahoo, and from abcnews top stories:
Quote:
Jeff Sessions: Guantanamo Bay is 'a very fine place'
This opening Paragraph:
Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions says he has no qualms sending newly-captured terror suspects to the Guantanamo Bay detention center, describing it as a "very fine place."
And his actual reply to a question about whether or not he would be in favor of shutting down the facility a few paragraphs later:
Quote:
"Well, I have not favored that," Sessions said. "I've been there a number of times as a Senator, and it's just a very fine place for holding these kind of dangerous criminals. We've spent a lot of money fixing it up. And I'm inclined to the view that it remains a perfectly acceptable place. And I think the fact that a lot of the criticisms have just been totally exaggerated."

My question is - do you think the headline gives an accurate summary of his statement?

Everyone knows I feel there is a distinct bias, and I believe that this type of, imo, blatant emotion molding headline plays a big part of that.

Just a discussion for a cold dreary dismal day and the day after a dismal opening to FA
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05056 seconds with 10 queries