View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #56
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

Re: What grinds your gears: Redskins edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
I was born in DC and started listening to Skins games on the radio in the mid-1960’s. I have a closet full of Skins swag and, fortunately, great memories from the first SB through the first Gibbs era. For you younger guys, there is nothing like a dominating season that culminates in a Super Bowl win. It is pure ecstasy. A decade of excellence is even better.

The franchise no longer can claim any connection to those glory years. Snyder has built a failed, dysfunctional organization, and the product on the field is embarrassing. It’s only the NFL cash cow that keeps it going. We have a good nucleus of players (giving Haskins the benefit of a doubt), and I feel for them and want them to thrive.

But the time has come to stop buying what Snyder is selling us. It is simply not acceptable. Don’t think of it as apathy, think of it as activism, the way Flint Michigan folks said they’re not going to drink the lead in their water.

I will never root for an NFL team other than the Redskins. I’m not going to burn my swag — I hope to wear it again one day. But I will not give Snyder another nickel, and I urge the fan base to do the same. Twenty years is beyond enough. We deserve better, and the only way that will happen is for Snyder to be brought to his knees. Let’s do our part, not because we hate the Redskins, but because we love them and want them back.
+1 I agree with everything you've mentioned ..Dick Snyder no longer gets a damn dime from me. I also won't root for another team other than the skins.i remember the glory years and went thru it like you have .I;m a huge joe gibbs admirer and his race organization keeps the juices flowing for me.
For The Love For The Redskins...
I Want Then Back..

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05497 seconds with 10 queries